A Few New Questions!!

Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions. First here is a pic.

Lever%20List_zpsdqcfl0am.jpg

1. Can you please tell me what the three levers are for?
2. Is it ok to leave the pool robot in the pool at all times?

Valves to adjust the water coming from the pool. i would guess 2 and 3 would be for skimmers and 1 would be bottom drain vs skimmers

but we really need more info about your pool to know for sure...

I will have to let others that have robots answer that part.

Is it a robot (plugged into electric outlet) or a pool vac/cleaner with a hose going into the pool wall? Looks like you have a booster pump to run a pressure side pool cleaner. It is ok to leave a pool cleaner in the pool all the time. Generally, I have heard that it is better not to leave robots in the pool all the time.

I agree with Bob on the valves, unless you have a suction cleaner then 3 would be for that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
you have an attached spa? one of my valves i manually throw adjusts water flow either from the main drain to the spa (more overflow water into pool) or into the pool.

Handle inline full flow. Handle cross wise no flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true of pool valves. If you look across from the handle you should see an area defined and the word "off" printed. That corresponds to the gate inside the valve. So where ever you set the off area will close off that area of the valve. The handle being across the direction of flow should actually be fully open on a two port valve. On a three port you have to look at the markings and the relative position to the ports.

Not true of pool valves. If you look across from the handle you should see an area defined and the word "off" printed. That corresponds to the gate inside the valve. So where ever you set the off area will close off that area of the valve. The handle being across the direction of flow should actually be fully open on a two port valve. On a three port you have to look at the markings and the relative position to the ports.

ABSOLUTELY!

There are pool valves (typically ball valves) that behave like pabeader stated however these are not them.

When the OFF indicator of the handle is facing a pipe connection, that pipe is shut off from flow. When the the OFF indicator is facing away from all pipe connections all pipes are open to flow (like #2).

When the handle is at an angle like #1 and #3, the pipe connection that the OFF marking is partially covering is.....partially closed.

So in your case:

Valve #1 - When long grip part of handle faces pump, water flows from the pump to both left bound and right bound pipes.
- When long grip part of handle faces right, water flows from the pump to
bound pipe.
- When long grip part of handle faces left, water flows from the pump to
bound pipe.

Valve #2 - When long grip part of handle is horizontal (cross pipe), the valve is fully open and water flows from top to bottom. To close that valve, rotate handle to be vertical (in-line with pipe)

Valve #3 - Same as Valve #2​

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.