Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2007
Baton Rouge, La.
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I need to remove a lot of water from the pool in order to remove CYA..can someone tell me.. If I were to use a pump, How much water can I take out at a time without doing any damage to the fiberglass pool??

Is there a "chemical" way of doing it??
Harry

If you did about 1/3 down you would be fine, that should bring you down to a more manageable number around 70 if the CYA really is 100....

drain, refill, circulate for a few hours, retest, repeat if needed.

The risk for fiberglass is it could pop out of the ground but I think that's if you drain more than 50% or completely....

From a recent post on the forum there really isn't a practical/useful/efficient chemical method....

The main issue with draining is the depth of the water table. You don't want to drain the pool below the water table level. It isn't always easy to find out the exact hight of the water table, but you should have some idea if you live in a wet swampy area or a dry well drained area and you can use that to guess. If you are up on a dry hill and there has been a drought recently you can drain much more water safely than if you live in an area with wet swampy soil and it has just rained.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.