The sweeping never ends!

Jun 10, 2015
Cincinnati, OH
Hello everyone,
I'm still pretty new here, I've only really been on here once in the beginning of pool season when I was having all sorts of issues. My main issue now seems to have something to do with the pump/sand. I have an all light blue liner with no pattern to it, so you can easily see all the debris at the bottom all the time. It doesn't matter how often I sweep it, or sweep to waste, within an hour all the debris is right back on the bottom of the pool, collecting in the crevices. We have a sand filter and the sand was replaced at the beginning of the season. I know it's the end of pool season, but I want to close my pool correctly and I cannot get over why this debris (which is like sand) is all over the bottom on my pool 24/7. It's embarrassing! I will try to find the pictures I've posted before about the exact type of pool filter and pump I have.
Thank you for your help!
Katie

- - - Updated - - -

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q635/gbkatie7/IMG_4199_zps8pk8w9qu.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4200_zpsf6ozw9iy.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4200_zpsf6ozw9iy.jpg

IMG_4201_zps3da0zond.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4199_zps8pk8w9qu.jpg

Most likely what you have is dead algae on the bottom. Most likely caused by low levels of chlorine in the pool and possibly high CYA levels. Post a set of test results and some recent chlorine and CYA levels. How do you chlorinate your pool and what test kit are you using?

If it is algae you will need to SLAM the pool to kill the algae before you close. Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

I don't have a reliable test kit. We splurged on opening the pool this year and because of that, my husband won't budge on spending for anything else.
I chlorinate my pool with tablets made for the skimmer.
Thanks for your help. I'll make sure I SLAM before I close if we don't empty the pool out this year.

A proper test kit is the most important piece of equipment you can have for your pool. If you don't have one to check your pool's chemistry, everything else is worthless. It's like flying an airplane with a blindfold. $68 for a test kit will pay for itself over and over again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.