Pcb-main board replacement

BHud

Sep 8, 2015
McKinney, TX
I need to replace the GLX-PCB-MAIN board on my Hayward Goldline Aqualogic PS-8. GOt a few quotes and they want anywhere between 700-1000 dollars to do it but I can find the part online for less than $400. Has anyone replaced a main board and is it simple enough, i.e. pop and swap...or will I need to reprogram it all? I am fairly handy and am an engineer by trade so I wouldn't think it is above my head but wanted to reach out here for some advice first. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

What is the reason for replacing the board? There might be a simple fix for the board that you can handle, search current limiter and see if that problem matches your board.

Started with no cell power, troubleshoot it and replaced rectifiers to no avail. No burn marks on the swg startup relayn can hear it engaging when the chlorinated is supposed to kick on then get the no cell power error. Recently had to replace the pump and shortly after that got a water temp sensor error and a comm-bridge error with the new pump. Had tech come out and fix the comm error and he looked at the other issues as well and recommended a board replacement.

Hi,

Although I'm certainly no pool expert I have replaced my board twice and also soldered in a new current limiter myself, having never soldered before either.
Replacing the board all I did was take very good photos of each wire and where it was connected before I did it so I knew where to connect the new. It's not that difficult, even for a newbie like myself with (very little) do-it-yourself skills! Youtube also is your friend as others have said. Only problem I ever had was the crumbled current limiter they simply don't last in the heat.

Note: The poster has an AquaLogic, which is different from an AquaRite. The AquaRite has a current limiter whereas the AquaLogic does not.

It's not too difficult to change the board, but you will have to reprogram it.

I have the Aqua Logic PS8 as well. Some of the error codes occur due to interference from the remote control panels. Remember, your main control panel (at the equipment) and your remote "talk" to each other. It took months for me to discover that my wireless remote (in the house) was causing the problem. I kept getting "Cell Power Error" which would shut the system down. Resetting worked for at most a day or two. What a head-banger! Once I unplugged the remote and removed the batteries, the problem disappeared. Luckily, a second remote was available to replace it. That was over a year ago.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.