Easytouch not following commands or schedules

dmh

Jun 7, 2015
Houston, TX
I have an Easytouch 8 system with Pentair pumps, heater, and valves. I came home from a long weekend away to find my spa and pool lights on and the air blower to the spa running. The blower is not on a schedule, and the pool light schedule is only for the weekend (this was a Tuesday). Also, the pool pump was not running. On the Easytouch panel, I found the pool pump led on as it should be, but the pump not running. Curiously, even though the spa and pool lights were on and the air blower was running, these led's were not illuminated. The only way I can get the lights and blower to turn off is to turn off the breaker for them in the panel. No matter what I do, I cannot get the pool pump to turn on (the breaker is not tripped). Similarly, I cannot get the waterfall pump to turn on even though its breaker is not tripped.

I tried hitting the reset button on the panel, resetting the system in the Diagnostic mode, and turning off/on the electricity at the main panel. None of these helped.

Any ideas? At this point, I plan to hardwire my pool pump to get it to run; otherwise, I will have a green mess soon.

Does anyone know what the symptoms are for a bad battery on the Easytouch motherboard? I am grasping for solutions here.

Call Pentair technical support 1.800.831.7133
They are very helpful.

Any recent electrical storms or power outages recently? Sounds like something in the logic controller has gone sideways. I have a surge suppressor in the breaker panel for just such an emergency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for trying to help me! Just what I thought, but I have a "whole house" surge suppressor in my main panel. It showed "green," which I believe means no surge was suppressed. My microwave, oven, refrigerator, wireless router, etc. all seem to be ok. I would have expected them to be toasted if it were a lightening strike.

I can't say if there were a power outage, but the power goes off a lot in my neighborhood. I never had this problem after one of the many previous outages.

I guess I could buy a new motherboard and give it a try, but that is an expensive experiment.

They are very helpful.

Any recent electrical storms or power outages recently? Sounds like something in the logic controller has gone sideways. I have a surge suppressor in the breaker panel for just such an emergency.

Called Pentair. Tech went through his reset procedures and had me make some voltage measurements. Conclusion: The board is bad. I am attempting to get them to honor their warranty. They want the buy date and install date, but both were done by the contractor. Fortunately, the contractor is trying to help me get it under warranty.

I suspect that one of the capacitors on the board is bad, which is causing the erratic behavior. I hope I get to keep the old board. I will replace the capacitors with more robust ones and post the results.

They are very helpful.

Called Pentair. Tech went through his reset procedures and had me make some voltage measurements. Conclusion: The board is bad. I am attempting to get them to honor their warranty. They want the buy date and install date, but both were done by the contractor. Fortunately, the contractor is trying to help me get it under warranty.

I suspect that one of the capacitors on the board is bad, which is causing the erratic behavior. I hope I get to keep the old board. I will replace the capacitors with more robust ones and post the results.

I'd be very surprised if they let you keep it. When I had a valve actuator go under warranty, I had to ship the bad one back to them or else I would have been charged for the new one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.