Set Pentair 3 Way Valve - Fixed Position

BPet

Sep 8, 2015
Wellington
Does anyone know if there is a way to set a Pentair 3 Way Valve in a fixed position? I have a valve that adjusts the flow between my waterfalls and the sunstep bubblers and I would like to insure that nobody moves the valve. (I 'm familiar with the stopping pins - but that seems to provide a range - not an exact stopping point.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

You can either tighten down the finger nut on the top of the valve handle, or you can remove it, and the handle so it can't be adjusted later. This if you don't have a valve actuator, if you do, just flip the switch to move the valve to the spot you want the valve at, then move the switch to the center position to disable the actuator.

Just hang a sign on it that says- "If you adjust this valve I'll break your hand!" Works every time for me.

Seriously, just remove the valve handle (but don't forget where you put it!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Pool Clown, OldPoolMan, and JoyfulNoise for your responses! Not sure why I did not think of the simplest, lowest cost solution of removing the handle. I guess I was too busy looking for locking mechanisms instead of sitting back and evaluating the problem :) Removing the handle will work perfectly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.