GOLDLINE Aquar Rite SWP Generator question

Mar 29, 2015
San Antonio, TX
So my LED's were dead...BUT the led display (#'s) worked fine. The pool guy said we had a dead unit when he replaced the pump.

I thought it was the 'diode' and ordered that black disc. I had to wait on it forever (Amazon for ease not realizing free shipping meant 'boat from China') and disconnected the actual generator a while back as the board was dead. So today I opened up the board expecting to see the disc in pieces or baked...but it wasn't. Even more surprising was the LED's were now on! I plugged the generator back in and then turned it off and then back on and everything is working.

Next step was to backwash the filter that was due for a cleaning. Go through the steps and then check to see if everything is working one last time. NOPE. LED's are now off again. :(

I think 'maybe something over tightened when I put the cover on? Undid it. NOPE. Then I giggled everything that I could see to make sure it wasn't a short...can't find it if it is shorting. Then I thought maybe the guy wired the pump wrong and had it backwards to run generator when pump was OFF. NOPE.

Any ideas? I cannot see back of the disk to make sure it's not broken or failing...I didn't want to take anything apart until I asked for other ideas. Front looks very good.

Any other weak spots?

Thanks in advance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When replacing the input resistor, I found an easy way. If you just cut the legs off the old resistor and leave them as long as possible, you can just wrap them over the legs of the new one and solder them there. That way you don't have to solder on the board itself, and it leaves the new resistor away from the PC board at a 90 degree angle for better cooling. Just a suggestion.

One has to be careful that the thermistor does not sit too high as it will hit the front panel. I cut down the legs and put the legs through the board. Cut the old thermistor leaving the legs sticking out of the board. Then put the soldering iron at the intersection of the board and legs until the solder melts and then gently pull the legs out. Then put the tip of the soldering iron under the holes and use a desoldering bulb or pump to suck out the old solder. That leaves a clean hole that is easy to resolder the new part in.

Radioshack - Products

Hey Guys I have an aquarite & replaced my thermistor las weekend I recalbrated the salt & for some reason the generator light is always on.
MY CL level is now 9.6 I called hayaward & once I described the problem thei said the board is damaged Any ideas?

Hey neighbor :)

These boards are notorious for getting fried by the tiniest bit of lightning in the area, even if you are properly grounded. I went through two in first 3 years before getting on the internet and finding the guy in Florida who's on eBay and got one of his refurbished boards. That was 7 years ago and hasn't fried since.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.