Redoing plumbing, replacing valve?

Tapio

Aug 17, 2015
San Diego, CA
I need to redo plumbing to install a new pump. A 15 year old Compool 2 way valve is part of the plumbing before the pump intake and I am going to automate this valve. The valve works fine, but I am wondering if it may be a good idea to replace it at the same time or do you think I will continue to get good service from it?

15 yrs is a long time for a valve. Really hard to know how much service life may be left on it. I'm personally not familiar with the brand. Maybe someone else will know. Technology is better today and some newer valves have longer or lifetime guarantees. Since you're re-doing the plumbing anyways, I would personally be inclined to replace the valve now while it's apart. If you chose not to, then hopefully the valve is attached by unions so that at the very least you can simply unscrew it later if needed. Good luck, and have a nice day.

I would replace the valve with a recent valve, if for no other reason than the older compool valves used screws to hold the top on that are an unusual thread size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.