frustratedpoolmom said:
41 minutes and counting......all will be resolved! LOL
We've got hours and hours to do, or I have lost track of where we are? I envision at least 42 more plot twists before we resolve this one. I say 42 because, after all, according to Douglas Adams, the answer to any question is always 42, right? Sort of spooky that it's 24 written backwards ...

Butterfly said:
Douglas who?
Sorry again.

I don't remember all the details, but Douglas Adams wrote a sci-fi spoof called "The Hitchhikers Quide to the Galaxy", in which they make the largest computer ever (called Deep Thought) for the sole purpose of answering a question along the lines of, "What is the answer to the Question of Life?" Deep Thought thought long and hard and came up with the answer, which was "42", and that's all he would say.

I thought it would be how to keep my pool free of algae, but that's just me.

Anyway, they then had to build an even bigger computer in order to ask the question, "What IS the Question of Life?"

They never got an answer as far as I know. It's considered sci-fi, but I always thought it was poking fun at scientists in general, and being one myself, I thought it was hilarious. Mark Twain was even harder on us folks, but that's another story.

BTW, Douglas Adams was also involved with some of the Monty Python stuff.

Butterfly said:
Does anyone know where to get one of the cell phone batteries that Jack uses?
:mrgreen: :goodjob: and his limitless supply of ammo? :mrgreen:

gtm said:
Okay, I now believe that Tony's really a bad guy. He was about to off Jack, for goodness sake.

I couldn't handle the truth. I went straight to bed. Bad Tony! Bad Tony! :rant: :grrrr:

P.S. Jack faked that last seizure, to get Tony to reveal the truth....wait and see!

Is Tony really a bad guy? Sure looks that way, but sometimes things are not what they seem on "24" :?

frustratedpoolmom said:
and his limitless supply of ammo? :mrgreen:
No kiddin!

gtm said:
.........."The Hitchhikers Quide to the Galaxy", in which they make the largest computer ever (called Deep Thought)........
dang, I thought the largest computer ever was named "Hal" 8)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
gtm said:
Butterfly said:
Douglas who?
Sorry again.

I don't remember all the details, but Douglas Adams wrote a sci-fi spoof called "The Hitchhikers Quide to the Galaxy", in which they make the largest computer ever (called Deep Thought) for the sole purpose of answering a question along the lines of, "What is the answer to the Question of Life?" Deep Thought thought long and hard and came up with the answer, which was "42", and that's all he would say.

I thought it would be how to keep my pool free of algae, but that's just me.

Anyway, they then had to build an even bigger computer in order to ask the question, "What IS the Question of Life?"

They never got an answer as far as I know. It's considered sci-fi, but I always thought it was poking fun at scientists in general, and being one myself, I thought it was hilarious. Mark Twain was even harder on us folks, but that's another story.

BTW, Douglas Adams was also involved with some of the Monty Python stuff.

EXCELLENT book! :goodjob: "So long, and thanks for the fish"... :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.