Pool circulation - Please advise

I'd appreciate advise on the present circulation. Is it OK as is or would it be worthwhile to replace return jets so that I could improve the present circulation?
Pictures below show the present circulation pattern; both return jets are at shallow end pointing up and across the pool.
View attachment 42594
IMG_1219.jpg
At present, there is little circulation of water both at the shallow end (mainly at steps) and at the deep end (very little flow through main drain). These are the areas where algae tends to appear.
I'd like to improve the circulation but the eyeballs in the Jacuzzi jets are frozen likely due to calcium deposits since 1968. Jets replacement would be rather expensive - $2600 ( a quote includes pool draining; drill through the pool shell from the inside to punch 4.5” holes through the wall; acid wash the pool)

It might look a little weird but you could make 2 of these with less than 20 dollars in parts.. and trust me, it will move some water :)

10 foot 1.5 inch pipe and cut pieces off it
2 90 degree 1.5 inch fitting
2 1.5 inch male thread on 1 end slip on other
2 1.5 inch female thread on 1 end slip on other
3/4 inch eyeballs threaded into the end

FY7qXOdh.jpg

Why don't you replace the eyeballs? They're like $10 each?

Many thanks for prompt reply. The return jet is shown below.
View attachment 42602
There are no spare parts for 1968 Jacuzzi jets. I have tried to remove the flange with the eyeball but was not successful. I passed a knife tip around the joint between the flange and the outside ring to remove any plaster or other deposits, removed the three screws, and finally tried to pull out the flange first with a finger and then with plumbers pliers inserted into the eyeball. The flange would not come out. I pulled hard but did not applied brute force to avoid breaking the eyeballs. Or, should I try to unscrew the flange with the eyeball?

It might look a little weird but you could make 2 of these with less than 20 dollars in parts.. and trust me, it will move some water :)

10 foot 1.5 inch pipe and cut pieces off it
2 90 degree 1.5 inch fitting
2 1.5 inch male thread on 1 end slip on other
2 1.5 inch female thread on 1 end slip on other
3/4 inch eyeballs threaded into the end

FY7qXOdh.jpg

Dear cowboycasey,
I have a follow up question.
There are no spare parts for 1968 Jacuzzi jets; see picture. I have tried to remove the flange with the eyeball but was not successful. I passed a knife tip around the joint between the flange and the outside ring to remove any plaster or other deposits, removed the three screws, and finally tried to pull out the flange first with a finger and then with plumbers pliers inserted into the eyeball. The flange would not come out. I pulled hard but did not applied brute force to avoid breaking the eyeballs. Should I try to unscrew the flange with the eyeball?
Jet 2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.