Under Construction: promised in 30 days (NOT)

Sana

Sep 7, 2015
Edgewood, Tx
My husband and are having an inground pool built. We have had numerous issues since the start on July 13th. We would really love some advice on the some of the things we haven't chosen yet. For one, the type of plaster and the water-Salt Water or Nature 2 System. Please help..

Welcome, and to add to what Jason said, if you do a search here on Nature 2, you will likely find hundreds of threads and I doubt you will find a single positive thing about them for general pool use from an experienced user. These "Mineral" systems like Nature 2, and the Frog systems add copper and/or silver to the water which can help to control algae, but does almost nothing to help with bacteria and viruses which you can't see, they also tend to lead to staining on pool surfaces and green hair for people with naturally blond hair. So at best they provide a false sense of security by limiting some algae growth, and at worst you are asking for staining and water problems.

p.s. if you can post more details about your pool we can give better advice, also we love photos

Agree to what the two previous responders said about avoiding mineral systems.

As for surfaces, we have plain plaster and love it. But other plaster-based surfaces can last longer, all else equal. When it comes time to resurface our pool, I will look into some of the other alternatives such as quartz or Pebble-Tec and consider cost vs. life expectancy. Since resurfacing a pool requires completely draining the pool, that's something I want to do as little as possible.

One thing you should have on your list is either a 2-speed or variable-speed pump. Whatever you do, don't get a single-speed. Two speed pumps nowadays cost just a little more than an equivalent single-speed. With the energy-savings on a 2-speed vs. single-speed, you will likely get payback on that small price difference within the first season.

What they all said....

But in reference to your title, I'd say a 30-day duration for a pool build is/was a pipe dream. Most pool builds I have seen take at least 60 days to complete with the averages probably closer to 80 days. 30 days is unrealistic in one sense because it typically takes 21 days for a gunite shell to cure before you can do any tile or plastering work. Factor in permitting/inspection delays that can easily happen and 30 days is just not realistic.

So I hope your build goes ok even though it make take longer than promised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.