New fountain

Hello Concho,

It is just like the pool. Run the pump daily, top off the water as needed. Clean as needed. (A turkey baster is awesome for getting crude out of the bottom and around the edges of a fountain). The birds can sure dirty it up quickly.

I had my pump go out on mine, and within 2 days, I had to scrub it with a scrub brush, and bleach to remove the algae because of the small water amount, and the heavy birdy bather load it doesn't take long to turn green if the pump isn't ran often, and the solids frequently removed.

Most of the time when it gets really dirty, I'll use the jet spray setting on my garden hose nozzle, and just point it at the bottom of water in the fountain, so it will push all the dirty water, and debris out of it onto the ground.

To winterize, I siphon the water out, use the turkey baster to get the remaining water out, drain the pump and you can unhook if you want and bring it in, I personally do not. Dry out the entire inside, and pump with a towel, and cover with a tarp that is snuggly secured by bungee cords. I hope this helps. Have a safe Labor Day :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.