EvanWilliams-----New Member

Welcome Evan!! :wave:

You're going to live applying TFPC Method to your pool! Please ask lots of questions and let us know your test results as soon as you get your test kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Evan, and Welcome to TFP :wave:

Yes, and I think with that generous donation you made also comes a 10% off code coupon for the TF-100 test kit too,(from TFtestkits, Here's the link http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html)

So be watching your email for that code to arrive, and get that recommended kit ordered if you don't already have one. I promise you getting one of the recommend kits will be the BEST investment you'll ever make for you, and your pool. :)

Again Welcome to TFP, and Have a safe and fun Labor Day. Oh my maiden name was the same as yours, seems there's a lot of us running around. :)

Hello Evan, and Welcome to TFP :wave:

Yes, and I think with that generous donation you made also comes a 10% off code coupon for the TF-100 test kit too,(from TFtestkits, Here's the link http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html)

So be watching your email for that code to arrive, and get that recommended kit ordered if you don't already have one. I promise you getting one of the recommend kits will be the BEST investment you'll ever make for you, and your pool. :)

Again Welcome to TFP, and Have a safe and fun Labor Day. Oh my maiden name was the same as yours, seems there's a lot of us running around. :)

Thanks for the info.

Oh, and EvanWilliams is just one of my favorite bourbons. ;)

oh and thanks for the heads up on discount. I haven't ordered yet. Had to run to store.
Checking email.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very nice!

My water is clear now. It looks good. Because
1. I read stuff here.
2. Fired pool service.
3. Had to go to pool store but tried to be smart. I would buy muriatic acid from them and chlorinating liquid as well as balance pak.
4. I stopped using chlorine tabs. Got my CYA down to 40-50 over time by simply replacing water that had evaporated.
So, now got a test kit ordered. Have some Baking soda. Have some Liquid chlorine. Have muriatic acid.

My old pool service just threw in metric tons of tabs and "shock" (I even know that goes in air quotes!!!! :) ) and eventually my CYA was through the roof.

Thank y'all

So I'm going to be the nit picker today :) What is a balance pack? Sounds like some kind of diet supplement!! :)

Evaporation doesn't decrease the levels of CYA, it actually increases it ppm wise. Evap is just water going away. That causes the stuff in the pool to be MORE concentrated. When you replace the water, it goes back to what is was before the evaporation. Splashout, draining, backwashing and bathing suits will help to lower CYA and other chems too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support