Ta low?? 96 and Ph high 8.1 what to do first

Edwin,

Your sig only mentions a spa (250gal). Do you have only a spa or pool too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A TA of 96 ppm for a spa using bleach is way too high. Spas have more aeration, shallower depth, and hotter water temperature than pools so will outgas carbon dioxide faster. A higher TA has such outgassing occur even faster. The sticky on How do I use Chlorine in my Spa suggests 50 ppm for the TA level, but that is with 50 ppm Borates for additional pH buffering. Since you are unlikely to be able to get boric acid for the borates, you should try the lower TA but be careful to not have the pH get too high too quickly (i.e. you'll need to check it more frequently).

Why do you think a TA of 96 ppm is too low? Where are you reading that? You cannot use "standard" industry advice. It's either wrong or incompatible with the advice we give that is based on actual science.

Ok Chem geek.

A delaer told me TA most between 80-120

But how can i get lower the TA?? to 50 (the most chemicals are forbidden in the Netherlands)

OK this the way to lower TA.

The acid/aeration process to lower TA:
  1. Add acid to lower your PH to between 7.0 and 7.2 (this also lowers TA)
  2. Aerate until PH rises to around 7.6 (the only way to raise PH without also raising TA)
  3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you reach the desired TA

Joyfulnoise,
i have only a spa

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.