First test on my week and a half pool

Fordracing19

LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2015
Sanger TX
I have the TF 100 kit. We added 1 gal acid and 1 gal bleach 3 hours before testing.
Ph 7.2
Cl 3
Fc 3ppm
Cc 0
Tc 3ppm
Ch 100ppm
Ta 160
Cya 30

Pool guy hasnt been here since the 2nd day of water so I guess it's all us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Not bad, but you'll want to get that FC up quickly. You're at the minimum right now. Our TX sun will give you algae if it stays there too long. :) What are your pool characteristics? Please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

- - - Updated - - -

In the future, (for chlorine specifically) you can just post FC and CC. :)

I'm am pretty sure OP is testing CL with the OTO test and then FC with the FAS/DPD test....common occurrence.

As Texas Splash says, keep your FC up.......dose enough to add 3 more ppm. Do you know how to do that with PoolMath Yet?

Test results again. I have been testing ph and cl daily and adding bleach and acid. Added 121oz bleach and 64oz acid yesterday.

Ph 8.2
Fc 1ppm
Cc 0
Ch 75ppm
Ta 170
Cya 50
I guess I need some calcium from the pool store? And add more acid and bleach?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Something I didn't ask earlier ..... this is a new plaster pool correct? That would explain the rising pH and need to adjust CH. Please confirm and try to add your pool info at your next opportunity. If this is a new pool/plaster, please see this page Pool School - Start-up New Plaster. Very important to not void your pool warranty. After that, follow the recommended levels link below in my sig to help you adjust as needed. Definitely get that pH down ASAP - around 7.4 or so if possible. You may need to watch that closely for quite some time as your TA is also high. So the combination of high TA and new plaster will increase pH quite a bit. Your FC is alarming low again as well, so try to build that up as well. A CYA of 50 requires an FC of 6. Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Separate bleach and acid additions by at least 30 minutes with the pump running.

Gotcha. Very good. Shame about your PB. You're not the first one (new pool customer) to have their PB vanish on them lately. Very disappointing. Keep good notes on their work - or lack thereof. Stay on them! Maybe our TFP plaster start-up page will help you a bit. Have a good evening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.