When can the pool heater be turned on

TulsaKevin

Platinum Supporter
Dec 8, 2014
Tulsa OK
I have come across that the pool heater should not be turned on for around the first 3-4 weeks in a "plaster" pool. Does that include pebble finish. I know that they use plaster to hold it in, or it some sort of mix. Pool should be finished in about 4 weeks and we have a person who will come out and teach survival swim in our pool to our smallest, but he requires it to be heated. Trying to get an idea of when we could after it is filled.

We will have both a gas heater and a heat/chill pump.

Pebble finish counts as plaster for our purposes.

I can't help with the main question, I haven't got a clue. I would check with the builder if I were you. They'll look for any excuse to void a warranty if there's a problem down the line.

Anyway, here's a :bump:

I had a Pebble Fina finish applied last year and since they do a "hot start" with lots of acid added to the water, the heater should be bypassed until your water is balanced and most of the plaster dust from the start up is gone. The other pebbletec finishes may be different start up procedures (they may acid wash before filling with water), so check with your builder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.