I'm just getting started!

Sep 5, 2015
Smithtown, NY
Greetings pool pros! I'm a pool newb and actually so new that I don't even own one yet. I signed a contract back in June and now get to sit back in awe at the administrative efficiency that is local government bureaucracy. In fact, living near a lake entitles me to exposure to state government as well. So realistically I expect to have the pool in by this November.

On to my question. So far I have agreed to a standard rectangular 18 x 36 with two walkouts. I still have to decide on type of cover, heater, and vacuum. Being in a densely wooded area I'm leaning towards loop loc, as well as a heater as I may only get about 5 hours of sun a day. This week I have noticed several sales at local pool supply stores relative to vacuums and covers. As far as covers are concerned are the more expensive models worth it? I'd rather stay below $800, but if I should spring for the $1000 (discounted from 1300) polaris, then I will. But perusing through this site and hearing about the accolades for aquabot, dolphins, and robots have me thoroughly confused. What about covers? Any advice there? What else should I consider at this early stage?
Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.