I need some opinions on my new SWG.

grumpy

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2009
Coastal South Carolina
The intellichlor IC-40 v1.9 that replaced my almost 3 year old v1.6 has a setting that I've never seen before. I can now set the percentage of chlorine production in both pool and spa mode whereas before, it was only one setting for everything.

My pool and spa share the same water so I can't imagine the need for different settings for each mode in my application. I'd appreciate any insight that you may have regarding this.

If it matters, the default setting when I first turned on the SWG was 60% for the pool and 2% for the spa. I kind of wondered why that was so far apart too.

Thanks,
Jim

When you are running in spa mode, all of the water is going to and from the spa, nothing is going into the pool. When you switch back to spillover mode, water is shared with the pool.

If you have the SWG running at 60% in spa mode it will be producing way to much chlorine for the small volume of water that is in the spa. Even over the relatively short periods that you operate in spa mode, presumably while you are in the spa, that can be too much chlorine and cause problems.

Thanks Jason,

That makes a lot of sense. I kind of figured that might be the case. Oh Boy! Now I have something else to play with and learn about. I'll have to do lots more testing and adjusting. Duraleigh will love it when I have to get refills for my test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.