Conflicting test results

May 10, 2014
Lewisville, TX
I bought the test kit last a year and half ago. Historically, my results and Leslie's have matched or been very close. Now they are significantly different which has me wondering who is accurate as I am using a good bit of acid for my 10,700 gallon salt play pool.

TA me= 45. Leslie's = 90
CH me = 675. Leslie's = 320
Cya me = 60. Leslie's = 30

I am most worried about the calcium hardness and total alkalinity.

Any suggestions? Is my regent perhaps bad?

Most definitely go with yours! No doubt. Just rely on the instructions and testing in a standardized fashion. Take your time during drops and counting, etc. Your TF-100 is far more accurate and reliable. If you ever have a question about a particular test though, just ask away.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that some results matched previously with the store was probably just a coincidence. Different employees, methods, lighting, etc, all tend to skew their results.

Hello, I would think if you are using either the TF100 or the K2006 test kit your test would be the most accurate of the 2.

Please fill out you Signature Information by going to Forum Actions above, then clicking General Settings then look on the left side for the Bold print section My Settings, then click Edit Signature.

Here is a link that shows the type of information that needs to be included. http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/115-read-before-you-post

This way we can determine if you have a vinyl liner , what type of pool you have, etc. So we can give you better advice on your concerns of TA and CH, and where you need to adjust too etc. Have a wonderful day :)

There have indeed been numerous discussions on the service life of reagents. The general consensus is that many of those reagents have been known to be quite reliable for more than one season as long as they have been in a controlled environment. I myself still have some drops that are going on season #3. :) But they are kept in our air conditioned laundry room.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.