Intex Metal Frame 24' round VS Bestway Pro-Series 26' round?? Which would you pick?

K9 Protected

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Newport News, VA
Okay, I'm ordering ONE of these by tomorrow, I hope, if I can decide on which one:

Choice #1: Intex Metal Frame, 24' round, including the sand filter pump, for $599 from VMInnovations with free shipping.... OR

Choice #2: Bestway Pro-Series 26' round, with crappy filter pump, but with the thru wall skimmer, and what appears to be more of the Intex Ultra Frame style poles/framing for $799 and $69 shipping...

I prefer the bigger size to maximize the swim space for two of my crazy German Shepherds, and the thru-wall skimmer of the Bestway, as well as the white color over the blue Intex Metal Frame style. I was thinking I should upgrade the sand filter pump anyway because of the dogs, so the crappy filter that comes with the Bestway shouldn't be much of an issue. However, if the sand filter pump that comes with the Intex Metal Frame 24' is adequate, then all I need to do is add their SWG that's on sale right now for $115, and I'd save the cost of buying a new sand filter pump that I'd have to do for the Bestway.

The Intex Ultra Frame pools in the 26' round are out of stock at any similar price point, and I was wondering if the liner and frame quality of the Bestway brand is essentially the same as the Intex equivalent? The extra 2 ft in diameter could be handy with big dogs in the pool that I'm trying to swim for their exercise on purpose! Plus I like the gray and white color of the Bestway pool since it will be a monstrosity in the backyard anyway. :D

Does 2 extra fit in diameter on a round pool look a lot bigger?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you have... I'm so ready to get on with this doggie therapy pool swimming action finally, I hope! Before it gets cold! :swim:

Actually, given that I cannot seem to hire an installer/landscape contractor to level my site properly, I'm not going with either of these options and postpone the larger pool until Spring. I will take the advice I am reading and not try to put one of these up without proper ground leveling/prep.

(I can't figure out how to delete this thread, though??)

Just FYI, the $599 intex from VMInnovations is not a sand filter or SWG, just a regular cartridge filter. The Intex 24' with sand filter and swg combo was usually $799 or $899 at VMI but I see they aren't carrying it at the moment. I bought mine there last fall for this season.

But yes, indeed, make sure your ground is level as best as you can. I thought I had it done pretty good but was still about 1" off which I may or may not correct next season since I plan on taking it down for the winter. We'll see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.