Bypassing heater questions...

dannyboy

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2008
Denver, Colorado
Hi All,

Ever closer to getting my new house with the pool and had a question on the heater. I am going to open the pool myself, it looks fairly straightforward and I am going to be converting from Baquacil from day one after the pump is running with BBB.
I know nothing about the pool heater other than it's a minimax 400. Do i need to have the pilot light on or can I just run water through it completely off?
I wanted to convert from Baquacil and I have no need to heat from my understanding at this stage. Once I'm a few days into the conversion, can I simply shut the pump off, ignite the pilot and start heating or are these things required to be on at all times?

Thanks in advance.....24 days left and she's mine :goodjob:

Danny

You don't need to leave the pilot on unless you're going to use it. If it's an easy valve to turn, it's a good idea to turn the gas off to the heater if the pilot isn't going to be on. You also don't need to turn the pump off when lighting the pilot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.