New Intex Plunger valves getting air in intake

Jun 1, 2013
I had the old style plunger valves on my pool and they worked ok til they got old and stuck when trying to move them up and down so replaced them with the newer style and air is coming in thru it now and the tank the holds the cartridge won't fill up with water and bubbles are coming thru the out take hose. The intake valve is making a groaning sound and I can't leave the pump on for one minute without the air building up in the filter housing. I checked the dark gray connections under the turn on and off caps and they are tight. There is a little nozzle behind the turnon/off cap. Does it do anything?

14 ft above ground intex with 2500 gph pump.

That's where mine aspirated air, I hard plumbed with PVC soon afterward

Thank you for the reply but I'm afraid I don't know what this means. My only guess would be that the air wasn't coming from uour plunger valves and you replaced the hoses with PVC?? Mine was working fine with the old style plunger valves so if this is what you meant, I don't think it's the hoses in this case. We even put the old plunger valves back on and no air.

Yes, in my case it was the little black nozzle the culprit I put my finger on top and I was feeling the air succión

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
a8196c88bc12c77c5a9ebae169ef4562.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Those little black nozzles on the valves are vacuum relief valves.
It sounds like you have faulty ones.
They are a safety device to relieve excess suction in case the intake gets block by an object or swimmer.

Did you try swapping them?
They are just screwed into place.
Take the one off of the return valve and put it on the intake valve.
You only really need it to be on the intake for safety.
If you feel confident in removing this safety device from your pool you could just take them off and plug the hole with something.

http://www.intexcorp.com/11437.html

I know i'm a little late but the valves should of come with a clear cap that you can put on the safety valves. If not i bought a variety pack of vacuum caps from the auto parts store and put one on mine and no problems. You could even duct tape them or wrap them with some plastic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.