Conversion Time

Aug 19, 2015
Maine
I have finally thrown in the towel and purchased an American SPS PureChlor system for my liner pool. Hopefully the 40000 gallon unit works well with my 25000 gallon pool. At the same time I am going to build my own wifi automation process system to control flow, the generator, pH, pool level and temperature.

Sadly, I gave up on trying to measure inline chlorine concentration. The cost to do it properly, over $1k, simply is not worth it.... On a funny note, the company who closes my pool wrote a note on the invoice stating "not good, the electrical controls look too complicated". Mission accomplished?

I think so!!

Just a note on your post #1 We usually recommend that folks get as large a SWG as they can afford. At least double the gallons of their pool if possible. This allows the unit to be run at a lower % and should have the cell last as long as possible.

Also, I hope you didn't buy into their Mineral stuff. You really don't want to put that in your water. Just plain old pool salt is all that's needed. Anything else is just adding stuff that can cause issues, down the road.

Remember to check and clean the cell and you should be well served for a while.

I used Mortons pool salt. I really did not have that much time to play with it as I closed the pool last week. However, I just converted my hot tub today, which generally is a nightmare, so that should be interesting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.