Instructions for doing the TA test with the TF100 kit? (and maybe even the K-6 kit)

Sep 1, 2011
Why does the listed instruction (#3 in the TF100 kit) to test for TA, warn the one doing the test, to wipe the tip of the R-0009 bottle after every administered drop of the test solution with a damp cloth?

First of all, since test solution does "wick" back up into the dropper orifice, what is there to wipe off?

Second, if there is even a fraction of a partial drop that "protrudes enough between drops to require wiping that minuscule amount away", is the test that sensitive to the number of successively added drops of R-0009?

The fresh TA reagent can have a build up of static, so the drops are too small and practically jump off the tip or squirt out. This generally goes away after a few tests. If you are getting large well formed drops, then no need to wipe the tip.

The fresh TA reagent can have a build up of static, so the drops are too small and practically jump off the tip or squirt out. This generally goes away after a few tests. If you are getting large well formed drops, then no need to wipe the tip.

Now that does make sense, I guess. I never saw it happen on my first use of the reagent!

How can "we", or one of us, get to the Taylor people to have them add that caution to the next printing of the instruction sheets? Or is it really necessary to have such an "only need to worry on the first use" warning there at all?

Not sure I have read of this being a problem with the Taylor kits. Maybe they are not as great as the TF-100 (which uses Taylor reagents, but is packaged and sold by Dave at tftestkits)

The reagents are identical and I do believe Taylor makes mention of it in their extended directions.....I can't remember for sure. Nevertheless, the problem (although it's only a small percentage) exists in both kits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.