New Pool Owner in Mesa, AZ

8:30 am FC 6 down 2 since 12:45 pm yesterday. Bumping it back up to 8.

And we had a lot of rain between those two readings! It feels good only using around a quart of chlorine each day, but sad that it's gotten colder, 69 degrees today, and the water is too cold to enjoy the pool.

I'm sad that it's gotten too cold now to enjoy it :(, but keep up the great job on the chlorine.

When you have a lot of rain you might want to target just a bit higher say 1-2ppm higher on your chlorine adds, your numbers look great, but this can give you a little added insurance if Rusty is unable to check for awhile because of work etc. The rain is adding water to the pool which is diluting the chlorine that's in there, and who knows what all else the rain is bringing with it with all the yuck in the air, not to mention debris and stuff that tends to blow in during a storm, etc., so you end up seeing a need for slightly higher chlorine during this time.

It's also advisable to increase the chlorine slightly higher when there has been several people swimming, or if it's an especially hot/sunny day. (Which I know isn't occurring right now because its been to cold :( ). You guys have a wonderful day, and keep up the Great job. I'm hoping you see hot days, and warm pool water again very soon. :)

12 hours later 8:30 pm FC 6, down 2 again, CC 0

First time for zero CC reading. Putting In another quart to bump it back up to 8. Had a little more rain today, not much though and still cool. We've been able to turn off the A/C yesterday and today and open windows. Still fighting that cold so good to air out the house.

Have a wonderful night!

Awesome Bonnie, I like that 0 CC. :whoot:

There's nothing any better than being able to turn off the A/C and save on electricity, and feel that cool night breeze blowing in the windows.

We got new neighbors recently who have 2 Pitbulls and those crazy dogs bark constantly, so when the windows are open we can't sleep because of the barking dogs LOL. So for now we are keeping the windows closed, and hoping 2 big dogs get laryngitis lol.

I am so proud of you and Rusty, you both are doing so well. Keep up the great job, and I hope you have a wonderful night too. :)

Sounds great Bonnie, and I do believe you do have it all under control now. As long as you are comfortable with everything, and the levels are consistently doing well now, you don't have to post your daily levels, unless you just want to. (If you want to keep posting them daily or weekly or whatever that will be just fine too. Whatever works best for you guys). Please do keep us posted though from time to time on how things are going because we really like you, and Rusty here at TFP, and hope you hang around a good long time with us. :)

Also I know you plan to go see that new grandbaby in November (whooo hoooo!!!!), so before you go, holler back at us with your levels etc. and we can assist you on being able to use the 3" Pucks to maintain your pool while you are away.

Remember we are only one message away :). So feel free to holler back at us anytime you need us because we are here for you.

It's been a pleasure getting to know you Bonnie. We are all so proud of you and Rusty. Keep up the great job, and have a wonderful day. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.