SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi guys. I maybe leaving for school sometime soon for a career change and I'm leaving my 13 year old in charge of the pool. :shock: I have started teaching him how to use the OT K-1000 in my TF100 test kit. I think he should be okay with just using that every evening til I get back, I don't want to confuse him. I'll be home on the weekends but I'll be gone for a total of 5 weeks. You know, enough time to have the pool turn a lovely shade of green if I can't find someone to care for it. :|

I am allowing him to use my user ID <if that's okay with you guys> and if he needs any help, I'd appreciate if you could help him keep my pool nice and clear while I'm away. I have told him to post all his questions in Just Getting Started if he needs any help.

Do you think you could help him if he needs you? I will tell him to identify himself as my son at the begining of the post to let you know it's him and not me.

I just went over pH testing with him. Fill the tube to the line with water. Add 5 drops from the red capped bottle, cap it and mix. I told him I'd like it to stay at 7.5. Then I did the same with the TC. Fill it up to the line and add 5 drops from the yellow bottle, cap it and mix. I told him again, it should read 5, NOT .5! The mixture should turn yellow!!! If he stays on top of everything, I think he should be okay just using the K-1000.

I'm really not sure if he will log on or not for help but just in case, I'd like to give all of you, including him a heads up that there is help here if he needs it. I will try to keep in touch with him every evening but I don't know if I can or not. Tomorrow, I will be showing him how to set up the vac so he can keep it clean so they can swim and will be reviewing the testing again.

I had an old bleach jug filled with water and showed him how to add bleach to the pool very slowly over the return <pencil thick> and how to ad borax to the skimmer if the pH drops a bit. I told him to go slow with the borax, test it again and if it doesn't come up in a few hours, he could add a little more borax.

I think we should be okay but you never know... I'd be greatful if you guys could help him if he needs you. 8)

Thanks! I knew I could count on you guys and gals! :goodjob:

I'm going to the Burgh on Wednesday to take my Civil Service test to become a Corrections Officer. :whip: :twisted: It's a big change from being a Home Care Nurse. :shock:

I am so happy that my DH is being so supportive.