Calibrate Aqua Logic System

Apr 5, 2009
Ok. I tested my water. It showed 6200 ppm. (I KNOW THIS IS WAY TO HIGH) I am currently draining to reset the salt level, but my aqua logic says its 0000 ppm. I was told to recalibrate by Leslie's Pool Store, but I don't know how. Goldline/Hayward isn't answering the phone, so I'm looking for some help.

Thanks

I think I have the AQL-PS-8

Try looking at the diagnostics menu for the instant salt reading and if that looks reasonable press the + button while the instant salt reading is displayed to reset the long term average salt reading.

treydyer said:
Ok. I tested my water. It showed 6200 ppm. (I KNOW THIS IS WAY TO HIGH) I am currently draining to reset the salt level, but my aqua logic says its 0000 ppm. I was told to recalibrate by Leslie's Pool Store, but I don't know how. Goldline/Hayward isn't answering the phone, so I'm looking for some help.

Thanks

I think I have the AQL-PS-8
If your salt is that high the unit will switch off because of the high salt condition. 0000ppm means the unit is not working, which is what you want if your salt is that high. Drain some water and get your salt level around 3200-3500 ppm and then restart the unit.

How did your salt get that high?

Once you get your salt in line go into the diagnostics menu. You sould have a voltage, amperage, and salt level. If not preass the + or - key to start the cell. If it does not work at that point you might have a dirty cell that needs cleaning or a dead cell or other problem. Goldline tech support is 908-355-7995 (Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern time).

i'd like to know how to calibrate a ps-8 aqua logic cell myself.
mine is off also. taylor k-1766 says 3300. cell says 2300. mult readings by cell via the diagnostic menu. mode. it also looks clean. just started pool up 4 days ago. aqua logic giving me a "very low salt" reading. i don't think the cell is on @ this low reading (?)
does the aqua logic give a good reading when the water is cold? water is a balmy 57 degrees.
ideas? goldline must be slamed on tech support...... no answer.
if i clean the cell, do you guys know the acid /water ratio for the soak?
It was 76 outside when i opened the pool......... it is snowing today. gotta love that Tennessee weather!

induce said:
i'd like to know how to calibrate a ps-8 aqua logic cell myself.
mine is off also. taylor k-1766 says 3300. cell says 2300. mult readings by cell via the diagnostic menu. mode. it also looks clean. just started pool up 4 days ago. aqua logic giving me a "very low salt" reading. i don't think the cell is on @ this low reading (?)

As far as I know, there is no way to do a true calibration. You can replace the average salt level reading with the instaneous reading by pressing the + button in the diagnostic menu but that is simply a display update.

does the aqua logic give a good reading when the water is cold? water is a balmy 57 degrees.

Mine is fairly steady from 50 degrees up to 100 degrees in water temperature and varies less than 200 ppm but it does consistantly read lower than either test strips or a drop kit but it usually isn't off by more than a 300 ppm.

ideas? goldline must be slamed on tech support...... no answer.

You can also contact them via email

if i clean the cell, do you guys know the acid /water ratio for the soak?

Manual suggests 2:1 water to acid.

It was 76 outside when i opened the pool......... it is snowing today. gotta love that Tennessee weather!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.