Couple final questions (pebble finish, coping and decking)

Titan7

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
Just finalizing everything, but couple questions:

Pebble finish, Stone scape Mini Pebble (aqua) is about $1100 less that Pebble Sheen, I know it's the install that's critical but I see so many Pebbletec issue I am not sure there is any advantage to dropping another $1100?? Thoughts?

Coping and decking: We had planned to go with a Quartzite flagstone on the coping for pool and spa and on top of the fire pit. We were going to use pavers for decking due to being in CA with earthquates. Now I am wondering if Flagstone Coping and pavers will look too busy? We could go with a poured in place colored coping?

Thanks to all who have assisted, we decided to hold off until Oct as they will need to remove our central AC unit for weeks for demo and re-build, in the 90-100 degree weather we are having we desided to wait until October to start.

Just finalizing everything, but couple questions:

Pebble finish, Stone scape Mini Pebble (aqua) is about $1100 less that Pebble Sheen, I know it's the install that's critical but I see so many Pebbletec issue I am not sure there is any advantage to dropping another $1100?? Thoughts?

Coping and decking: We had planned to go with a Quartzite flagstone on the coping for pool and spa and on top of the fire pit. We were going to use pavers for decking due to being in CA with earthquates. Now I am wondering if Flagstone Coping and pavers will look too busy? We could go with a poured in place colored coping?

Thanks to all who have assisted, we decided to hold off until Oct as they will need to remove our central AC unit for weeks for demo and re-build, in the 90-100 degree weather we are having we desided to wait until October to start.

I just finished a pool with the StoneScapes Aqua Mini and it came out beautiful. (picture below) I've done a lot of it lately and have had no issues. None.

I'm a huge fan of pavers. Earthquakes aside (not too many in AZ), they are wonderful if the ground does decide to shift. We have many areas of expansive soil and back in the poured concrete days there were way too many calls about cracked decks - even when "expansive soil upgrades" were built in. The pool below has travertine coping and pavers.

20141212_161202.jpg

That looks great! I don't want any issues with the pebble plaster was thinking Pebble TEC would be better but there are an awful lot of issue with PT that I read here, again out of the thousands of pools done only a handful.

I am thinking of doing the interlocking concrete pavers, and flagstone (quartzite), that's may look too busy?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.