Pool cove question

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
Instructions on a sand cove are "build it 6" high, and at least 8" deep. OK Fine. Then if you get a pool cove, they tell you to place it on a flat sand surface. Well, the cove is about 3 inches high! What happened to the 6" height they wanted earlier?

I did see other instructions that said (it was actually a video clip) to build a small sand cove, THEN place the pool cove on top of that. So who do I believe?

and Why should I believe YOU!? Ha jk. You guys are good.

PS I also want to get a 'Perfect bottom' or 'Happy bottom' or something that is better on the feet. Haven't decided yet.

Don't we all want a perfect bottom? Come on, lighten up! ha ha

Who is the manufacturer of the liner?

The cove should be sufficient for most liners. I haven't found any liners that require a larger cove. The cove should just sit on the level ground as the rest of the liner does. Again, I've never found any cases where a mound should be built for the cove to go on as this would defeat the purpose of the cove. In fact the "Original" pool cove from Gladon must be level with the bottom track because it uses a piece of plastic to slide in the track.

Sounds good. That's less work that needs to be done. Yes, the cove is Gladon. The liner is Swimline Corp. 25mil beaded.

I'll have to find that video and post it.... unless that's not allowed? No big deal. It seemed like an informative video, but they did advise that. I'll have to double check, as newbies tend to make these mistakes. It's all in the wording.

But it was a VIDEO!!! lol

thanks josh.

Hmmmm, on the retailer's website, it says "25mil liner", but the FAQ on the Swimline site has this..

*Quote*
"Q – What gauge or mil is a Swimline liner?

A - Swimline does not market liners as gauge or mil. Dealers and distributors use these terms for marketing purposes only and are not true measurements of thickness. Our liners are the 2000 series or the Perma 25 series (which is heavier than the 2000 series and the heaviest we make). All of Swimline patterns and styles are comparable to the thickness of all liners in the industry."

Ehh, no big deal, I'm getting a liner, but that can't be right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.