Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Our Landscape Project

1. Back To Top    #1

Our Landscape Project

The wife and I are spending this year redoing plenty of landscaping in the front and back yard. We are being quite ambitious. Below is a couple of before shots from a few days ago. Will keep you all updated!

2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Our Landscape Project

Good idea. I'll stay tuned. Shocking how far ahead of you we are. Things are green and trees flowering. Going to be 26 tomorrow night though
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Yea.. good old MN... 2" of snow fell lastnight.. but temps will hit 55 this weekend. LOL.

Needless to day, we have taken advantage of the nice days.. ground has thawed so I have the hole all dug and the new pond set. I may take a peek under the cover and see how many inches of ice still remains.

4. Back To Top    #4

Made some good progress today.. You can see we are digging trenches for power to the pond. Tore out the old wood raised flower beds (we are replacing with stone). We also got the ground leveled and started installing our pavers. We are busy pruning and burning as well.. I think the fire pit has been going about 12 hours a day!

Pool will be officially open on 4/20!

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow, that is some undertaking! Though it probably looks like a larger job because everything is still in winter mode!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6

Keep posting pics! You have a bigger challenge every year, since a lot of things die back and have to be planted new...but I'll bet you have really great bulb gardens up there! What type of permanent evergreen plants do you have for poolside in MN? Good luck...happy renovating.
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

7. Back To Top    #7

Thx all... I will get some more pics uploaded this weekend. Not too much going on during the week.. this day job thing tends to get in the way.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    Wow, that is some undertaking! Though it probably looks like a larger job because everything is still in winter mode!
    I was thinking the same thing. The "after" shots will be quite dramatic with everything being green and blooming! (hopefully, fingers crossed, it won't take you long-we take forever to complete our projects, if we complete them )
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

9. Back To Top    #9

Good day today...

-Finished running electrical to pond
    -Filled trench
    -Mostly finished the retaining wall (wife got her morning glorys planted)
    -Situated rock around pond
    -Installed new lattice (not pictured)

10. Back To Top    #10

Made some progress this past weekend.. not a much as we would have liked though (dam rain)!

11. Back To Top    #11

Looking good, cant waite to see the results. Im a "green thumb" fanatic myself and enjoy creating my backyard escape. Keep the pics coming.
    13,500 gallon free form Pebble Tec pool- 2 skimmers
    Pentair Intelli-Flow filter pump, Pentair Intelli-Super Flo booster pump, waterfall pump, Del Ozone Eclipse 1 generator, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge filtration, Nature 2 XG Clear Vision, In-line Chlorinator, Polaris 280, Raypack heater, and Color Logic LED lights.

Proud user of BBB, pool school, pool calculator, TF-100, and the advice of the friendly people here!

12. Back To Top    #12

Wow! It's already shaping up...looks like that Home Makeover show . And just LOOK at that clear and sparkly TF Pool!! Can't wait to see more pics! We've had a ton of rain, too....needed it, but I'd rather have it in 1 to 2 inch increments instead of 6 to 11!!
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

13. Back To Top    #13

Thanks!

Good day today...

- Finished landscape fabric
    - Laid down about 5 cu yards of mulch (three pickup truck loads)
    - Finished edgeing
    - Wife planted a couple of pots and relocated a few other plants
    - Misc weeding and grass repair

PS... I am also continually lowering that TA via MA and aeration.

14. Back To Top    #14

Getting close! Just finishing up a few things and waiting for flowers\plants to bloom!