Tomball TX - Pool build

Aug 26, 2015
Tomball / TX
Hello!
We purchased our house 1 year ago. We started the pool shopping process in May of this year, and received three bids. We felt very good about all three companies, and I am sure they all would have done a great job. The company we picked primarily installs the in floor cleaning system which is why we picked them. Not having a pool vacuum was a big plus to us, as we have 3 small kids who like to mess with things.

Our build started on August 4th and has been a good experience thus far. Every stage of the build has impressed us in the speed and quality of the crews. The end is in sight and we are very excited for it to be completed. The equipment was installed (with the exception of plumbing for the Ozone filter, and installing the Rainbow Chlorinator.) I did not come across this great forum until after the build was in process. Had I found this site sooner I would have skipped the Chlorinator, Ozone filter, and the UV filter. We are currently waiting for the deck to be installed. The deck is scheduled to start this Wednesday (9/2/15) pending the weather. It should be a 4-5 day job as they have to break out our existing brick patio and install Travertine pavers. After the decking the next step is the Pebble Sheen, we selected "Blue Surf." I just wish we started the process before summer, as we may not have much time left to enjoy the pool this season.

Thanks to this site I should receive my TF-100 test kit and SpeedStir in the mail today! With any luck I will have new pictures to add next week!

I wanted to thank the members of this site for all the information. I am reading all I can in hopes of avoiding any major water issues down the line.

Welcome to TFP.
Great looking design and progress.
What is your depth range? 3-1/2-6 ish?

I see pipes running up in those columns. Are they for water features of some sort?

Nice equipment setup, nice and neat.
You had a good electrician.

Welcome to TFP.
Great looking design and progress.
What is your depth range? 3-1/2-6 ish?

I see pipes running up in those columns. Are they for water features of some sort?

Nice equipment setup, nice and neat.
You had a good electrician.

Thanks everyone!

It is 3.5 to 6 '
The center section of the back wall is a weeping wall. They also ran PVC pipes up the center of all 4 columns in case we want to install drains for planters later down the road. I agree about the electrician, and all of the sub contractors they have used so far. They all seem to be top notch, and care about their quality of work.

Your BS color choice is a recent favorite here. It looks fabulous in the few seen here so far.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice. Good progress.

One thing i would have considered is to have them run your pool with an in floor and a pool vac. It can be done and you can use the pool vac when its too dirty. In floor is great, but not as effective when a storm hits etc.... I opted to both on my build.

Then again, i am doing an owner build so i can't even imagine how much more the PB would charge for that setup. I got mine plumbed with both at no additional cost really. Just have to talk to the plumbers and work out the deal. LOL

Can't wait to see your progress. :)

@azwaldo- I did think about adding a line to run a vacuum if needed, but decided if I need an external cleaner later I will just run an electric robot. Our landscaping should be pool friendly and have much in regards to debris.

We returned home yesterday from a 5 day vacation to a completed deck!! They are cleaning up the rest of this week and installing the pebble sheen on Tuesday 9/15 /15 (pending no major weather delays.) Then it will be an acid wash and water fill on Wednesday.

Well, I got to enjoy the pool last night, but it felt like it was missing something.....

The yard is cleaned up and ready for landscaping , and the pool is ready for the Pebble Sheen. We had rain last week so our install date is now set for tomorrow (pending no rain today...)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.