Tomball TX - Pool build

Chinatti: It's too late for my pool, but still I had to check out what I missed! I went to the PebbleTec website and couldn't find the two new sparkle options you mentioned. I could have missed it. Or is their website behind their brochures?

Let us know what you find out....
Suz.

Here's a shot from the brochure:

908ccfe79247eec832d3d3a1487e2547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much, Chinatti, for posting the photo of the brochure! PebbleTec is killing me with all their new options!!!! They must be trying to keep pace with the other finish companies who are gaining on the market! The Pyrite is really different, but I think I would have gone more for the luminous beads.

I love my Shimmering Sea Shells. I wish I had bought 2 bags worth or asked the guys the day they were here if they would sell me an extra bag at cost. Some people have said they don't see the shells as well in the deep end, but mine show just as well there (7 ft deep end) as other places. Yesterday, I couldn't get over how much they sparkled in the deep end - just spectacular. They are wonderful! And almost impossible to see their beauty in a photo.

Now, what I need PebbleTec to come up with is the ability to add these extras AFTER you have plaster. Well, maybe not. That would really get expensive for me. On second thought, my savings account says I am done with pool upgrades!!!

Thanks again for the info.
Suz.

Still no answer at the applicator's office. I'm guessing the office admin is out today.

I called PebbleTec directly. Here's a quick summary of what I was told:

Shimmering Sea- shells, probably adds the most sparkle, doesn't change the color of the finish
Luminous Beads - glass beads, adds some sparkle (less than Shimmering Sea), also adds color (based on which mix is chosen)
Iron Pyrite - metallic "nuggets", adds gold colored sparkle (described as similar to "fools gold")
StarDust - can only be added to PebbleFina (didn't ask for more details, not doing this)

All of the above do not change the feel of the finish (important to us since we chose Sheen because it was more smooth).

Leaning towards PebbleSheen Blue Surf w/ shells only, but could possibly be convinced to do blue blend beads + shells ... need to talk to the wife to get her opinion......

Lastly, Iron Pyrite is apparently nothing new - they've offered it for a while.

Chinatti: Great info for everyone, thanks! I'm a huge fan of the Shimmering Sea Shells. If you like sparkle, you can't go wrong. Yep, I think the Luminous Beads would have been a good choice for me to deepen the blue in the Blue Granite. With my glass tile, the water color looks more teal/green than I had hoped for. It's growing on me, but the Blue beads would have probably been perfect to get what I wanted.

We love the feel of the Sheen. I like the grip it gives me, and it hasn't bothered any friends or family who have been in our pool. Once while my son was here last week, he dove (from within the water) and scraped his knuckle on the bottom. He left a little skin on the pool, but said he was always doing that when he was a lifeguard at plain plaster neighborhood pools. I guess he's a klutz in that regard! Ha ha! I don't think it was due to the Sheen.

Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry for the slow response. Had a busy weekend removing all the existing landscaping preparing for new stuff. They come today to finalize the equipment (install the nozzles for the in-floor cleaning system.) Tomorrow they will install a safety fence and adjust the weeping wall and cape the flagstone in place. I think after that they are done!!! When the water was filled it was crystal clear, but when they started the equipment on Friday a bunch of dirt was blown into the pool making it very cloudy. The water is still slightly cloudy but improving every day. We were able to enjoy a much anticipated swim yesterday! Once the water is clear again I will post more detailed pictures of the "Blue Surf"

Thanks Everyone!

The pool and the deck look great. Very nice job. Quick question: why did they not put waterline tile in the back below the weeping wall? I always thought one of the reasons the tile was there to protect the rock.

I really did not ask, but I know Flagstone is used on beach entries so I hope we will be OK.

Wow, oh wow, oh wow!!! That is one gorgeous water color! It looks like you have the Cobalt Blue color light on! I love it! Stunning!! Now, why couldn't you have done this a few months ago, so I could have seen Blue Surf before I got plastered????? That's what I get for being non-adventurous...

Don't worry about the bath water temp. I'm surprised how much cooler my pool is getting with the slightest dip in temperatures. In the evenings, I find I'm a little chilly in the water especially if there's a light breeze. I would be happy with a little more bath water temp.

And I'm FAR south of you, way down here in Cypress!!!! For out-of-towners, that's a joke. Just a few blocks north of me begin the mailing addresses for Tomball. I'm near N. Eldridge and Grant.

More pictures, please, when you get a chance. We want to see it in all different lights.

Congrats!
Suz.

Thanks, we are very close. We live on Spring Cypress between N. Eldridge and Grant.

Love the look of you coping and decking. Is the coping travertine! The color contrast is amazing. I am looking at doing something very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Coping is Flagstone, and the decking is Travertine.

Such a beautiful pool! I am so excited to see another blue surf finish. We do expect some more pictures :)

Oh and I had the same brochure of the finishes but I ignored it because I didn't want to cause more indecisiveness.

We had the safety fence installed yesterday, and we are doing the final walk through with the pool company today!!

My middle child is already trying to find a way in.... He is going to be trouble

We left access to the side of the house for our two dogs (white (yellow) Lab and a Whippet.) They now have a small dedicated area to use the restroom. I sure hope they like to swim as we took over their backyard.

OH man look at his face! He KNOWS he is "being bad" LOL Sis is just waiting for him to figure it out!

Good luck with that! Do you have alarms on your back door?

Do you have your test kit? What one do you have?

That pool looks awesome!

Kim

OH man look at his face! He KNOWS he is "being bad" LOL Sis is just waiting for him to figure it out!

Good luck with that! Do you have alarms on your back door?

Do you have your test kit? What one do you have?

That pool looks awesome!

Kim

Thanks!
I do have the TF 100 test kit. No alarm on the back doors yet, but we do have latches at the tops of the doors where the kids can not reach. Any recommendation on alarms?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.