Thompson's Water Seal and Pool Water... OK or Terrible?

Mar 4, 2008
Hi, everyone,

We've opened the pool, even though it's too cool to actually get into. We have a small in-and-out wood side deck next to our above-ground pool, and need to apply water sealant to the top. Husband would prefer to use the sprayer, because it's quicker and easier and he swears he will try not to get it into the pool water. We all know that's impossible, at least some will mist in... but how big of an issue would that be? Would the chlorine take care of it? Would such a small amount make a difference? Should I be dictator!wife and make him use the brush?

I don't know for sure, but as the product makes things waterproof, I'd be worried about it making your filter waterproof! I'd hate for things to get gunked up in the filter and have the water flow restricted. And how easy would that be to clean?

I guess it might come down to the amount that gets in. Can he roll/paint on the edge (first foot or so) and then spray the rest?

Steve

Thompson's is a wax-type product dissolved in a volatile liquid for application. The wax is what would concern me. I've gotten concrete sealer in my pool, and it hardens almost instantly and can be skimmed off. Try an experiment by pouring a little in a bucket of water to see how it behaves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.