Removal and storage question on Pressure side cleaner

Mar 3, 2009
Mission, TX
Still researching and considering a pressure side cleaner, probably a Polaris 280. Pool isn't real big so it ought to be fine. But do you remove it during the day while people are in the pool? Is there some trick to storing it, ala no hose curl allowed? I remember staying one place with a suction side cleaner and the rules said something about if you insisted on removing the cleaner, lay the hose straight. And, what's a recommended booster pump? I have a line and timer waiting....

I roll up the line on my 280. Haven't had a problem in 3 years. It's VERY flexible stuff and doesn't seem to suffer from any memory effect from being coiled. Polaris sells a matching booster pump that should work just fine. Ours is about 8 years old and still going strong.

Check on any spring specials before you buy the 280. Sometimes Polaris runs some pretty good ones that can save you a good chunk of cash. In past years I've seen trade-up rebates at the local pool store that purported to save you $200+. (Since going with BBB, I haven't been there. I'll bet they miss me and my money....) ;)

Sometimes Polaris runs some pretty good ones that can save you a good chunk of cash. In past years I've seen trade-up rebates at the local pool store that purported to save you $200+.

Polaris doesn't offer any trade-up rebates on the 280 at any time. The trade-up rebate would apply to the 380 which is already a good bit more than the 280. The 380 rebate for this year is $150.00 and the 360 rebate is $50.00. There is also a $200 rebate for the new Polaris 3900 Sport. Just remember you will need to buy from an authorized Polaris dealer to take advantage of the rebates because it requires the dealer's PIP identification # on the rebate form.

Polaris has 2 versions of the booster pump. One is the standard and the other is a quiet model. They are both 3/4 HP. You can ONLY use a 3/4 HP booster pump with Polaris Cleaners. Any other booster pump on the market such as the ones from Hayward and Pentair will also be 3/4 HP as this is the industry standard. The best selling model on the market is the standard Polaris booster pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.