Best test kit for beginner with Autopilot SWG and Autopilot chemistry controller

MCarr

Aug 29, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I am new to maintaining my pool and I really appreciate the information on this site! I need to purchase a test kit and it appears that the Taylor K2006C and the TF-100 are recommended the most. Is there one of these that I should get over the other given that I have never done this before and considering the type of automated system I have?
Thanks for any advice you can give me.

What they said. I've had a TF100 for 3 seasons. Speed stir last summer (how did I live without it?). Salt test is really only needed to first set up a salt pool. The auto-pilot has a built in salt test and I've confirmed it reads the same as the Taylor salt test kit does for me.

What they said. I've had a TF100 for 3 seasons. Speed stir last summer (how did I live without it?). Salt test is really only needed to first set up a salt pool. The auto-pilot has a built in salt test and I've confirmed it reads the same as the Taylor salt test kit does for me.

Except that when salt cells start to fail they generally read lower and lower salt levels than reality so you need an independent test to verify that.

Get the salt test... your salt level can very well vary from the SWG readings (mine do) and the test needs to be run a couple of times a year if you get massive rain requiring pump out or water replacement. Its not an expensive test and it is far more accurate than test strips or the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.