Silver / Aluminum Foil like streak in plaster

Jul 25, 2010
Folks,
I have a metallic looking streak about 4 inches long right on the edge of a step. I'm assuming it's plaster degradation? Pool is about 14years old. This is the only area I see. Thoughts on what it is and repair tips much appreciated.

Thanks

Either the plaster has been worn off by something dragging across that edge or something that has been dragged across that edge has rubbed off there..

That's exactly what o thought. The line is to straight and uniform to be from natural plaster degradation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting stuff...well....it's popping up in two more places. It is below the plaster. Has anyone had any problems with shiny new powerful Polaris's bashing the plaster around? That went through my mind a few days ago. That's the only thing that has changed, new Polaris last year. I'll check again but I'm sure you can dig your nails into it, ie: it is below the plaster.
Thanks

Robotic cleaners have been know to damage pool surfaces if they are aggressive enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks, I'll check and post a pic. I have noticed right in the corners of the bag at emptying time a material that is granular like sand, hard grains and very light colored.
Often, the Polaris will get stuck on a ledge and churn away with the body stuck and not enough wheel contact to move. see this pic, these steps are opposite end of the pool to the other pic I posted, you can just see the start of plaster wear in the corners. The cleaner in this pic is stuck in that position. What I've done for now is pushed the output valve all the way down in the hope of curtailing its climbing abilities. In fact I did see it stuck earlier this morning right over the area I posted the original pic on.

Can you adjust the pressure down at all? Sounds like the cleaner is too aggressive for your plaster.

Can you adjust the pressure down at all? Sounds like the cleaner is too aggressive for your plaster.

I'm going to check the wheel revs. I never did that when I put the new one in, maybe that has something to do with it. If I can get it to where it can't climb to the big ledge and then repair the big ledge, I can see over time whether the Polaris is causing this. Anyone have any thoughts on an underwater epoxy material I can use for a repair? I'd like to do it while I can still get in the pool.

Thansk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.