Hayward AquaPlus vs ProLogic?

Jul 20, 2015
Newton, NJ
I'm killing myself trying to sort through the different options PB's are proposing for a Viking Venice 16x40 fiberglass pool my wife and I are getting quotes on.

What the heck is the difference between the Hayward AquaPlus and the ProLogic?

We are doing a pretty basic install. No spa, no water features, robot for cleaning. We will have SWG and a 2-speed pump to save some energy.
ac

The AquaPlus controller is identical to the Prologic P4 controller. The P4 just requires you to buy the SWG cell separately whereas the cell is included with the AquaPlus.

The Prologic PS# controllers add a few other features and a 4th valve controller. You should have no need for this.

The AquaPlus controller is identical to the Prologic P4 controller. The P4 just requires you to buy the SWG cell separately whereas the cell is included with the AquaPlus.

The Prologic PS# controllers add a few other features and a 4th valve controller. You should have no need for this.

How do you figure out what those "other features" are? I can't find a worthwhile comparison on Hayward's site for the life of me

ac

How many different model controllers does Hayward make that will power a SWG. I know that the AquaRite controller has been sold with a lot of different model names, numbers, and even different brand names stenciled on it.

How many different model controllers does Hayward make that will power a SWG. I know that the AquaRite controller has been sold with a lot of different model names, numbers, and even different brand names stenciled on it.

It looks like "a lot".

It's not super easy to figure out it all out. Hayward really just needs a GOOD comparison chart on their site.

ac

There is the AquaRite which is only the SWG controller (many different brandings)

The Pro adds the sense and dispense.

The Prologic P4 / AquaPlus is basic automation system.

The Prologic PS4 adds another valve controller, macro functions, a few other bells and whistles. This is more for pool & spa setups (thus the PS)

Then the PS8 etc, just adds more electrical relays.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.