Hi all- new pool owner here

Aug 1, 2015
Lexington NC
Got kind of late start this summer as my pool was complete first of August, about a month now.

really liking it and learning all about pools and pool maintenance. So far so good (great) !! This is the first time I WANTED the summer heat to continue!!

Pool was built by Anthony and sylvan pools , free from , pebble tec , nature2 , 19000 gallons

Steve

Yep got the Taylor k5820 from Leslie's, after reading all the post I want to get a cya test, probably wait till next summer for that. I'm hoping my nature2 will work well, not so sure now, the bbb method seams like a good way to go, I'll at least use up all the chemicals Leslie's sold me.

Yes, they are different. The K5820 simply records levels up to 5 ppm with the drops while looking into the comparator window. The FAS-DPD, available via TFTestkits.net uses a combination of a powdered mix (R-0870) and drops (R-0871) to provide more accurate FC and CC readings. The FC can be recorded WAY above 5 ppm, most commonly used during a SLAM when accurate recordings are needed up to 10, 20 30 ppm. You can order just the FAS-DPD and still use your K5820 for pH, TA, and low-level OTO chlorine checks up to 5ppm.

Hi all, pool update- after lurking these forums this past month, ( chem geek, every time I see your comments to questions I'm know there will be a professional, unbiased explanation/answer given. I have ditched the nature2, cut the mineral cartridge so that only the top with threads and seal remains, no more pucks in it, I will save pucks Leslie's sold me for times when away from pool for extended times to keep chlorine in pool. Added 45 lbs of boric acid to pool, my hair and skin feels much softer after swimming. I also got the TF100 test kit, great kit !
I still have 2 jugs of Phos free and about 1/2 jug of perfect weekly left from Leslie's. Not sure what to do with them. Pool is crystal clear!!
Thanks for all the pool information TFP web site!!!!
Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support