Can I leave muriatic acid in Trio Pure SWG cell over night?

Apr 4, 2009
I'm new to this board, am using Trio Pure SWG. Guy helping me close pool two years ago did not have me tear down Trio Pure SWG cell and clean with Muriatic Acid per Trio Pure published directions.

I tore down myself last year, tore down Trio Pure unit per owner manual. Now cleaning cell per owner manual. Owner manual states in part "...allow plates to soak for 30 minutes , or until effervescence stops and plates are clean."

Well.... acid (4 to 1 mix, 5oz dry acid to 20 oz water) has been in cell for roughly 8 hours. Effervescence has definitely stopped, but two years of calcium deposits are still on edges of every other plate. Soooo plates are not clean.

Question: since effervescence has stopped, chemical reactions have likely stopped. However, it's now 11 pm. Is it safe to leave acid in cell until daylight tomorrow, or must I light up back yard and remove acid from cell now to avoid damage to SWG cell??

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

in your situation yes, as there is no acid left there, it all has been neutralised
with that said, there won't be any benefit in doing so because of the same reason

what you need to do is get rid of the used acid and put some fresh stuff in

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.