Pentair 011018 VS 3HP cost?

Apr 18, 2014
Redwood City, CA
Hi,

I plan to buy the following pool equipment:

$859.99 Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo 3HP VS Ultra Energy-Efficient
$989.99 Pentair IC60-521105-520556 with PC100

I found the lowest price at poolcleaningparts.com with free shipping (I live in california - bay area).

My question: is there a better price for this equipment?

Thanks,

Try to find a friend who is a plumber, electrician or pool service who, for part or all of the $75 rebate and a few beers can do the install or at least check your work and supply you a receipt. As a DIY install you will only have a 90 day warranty. With a "qualified installer" you get a three year warranty. When I talked to Pentair they didn't have a list or even a definition of who is a "qualified installer", so you can argue for any of the above. You just need a receipt to submit.

I paid about $850 for the 011018 and at that time the Pentair rebate was $150. I couldn't be happier with the purchase. The features and flexibility are great, and the energy savings are just a bonus.

I also love mine. Energy efficiency and versatility is great. I run mine at 1100 rpm to skim, filter and make chlorine with the SWG. 1100 rpm uses 150 watts. Solar runs at 1950 rpm and uses 550 watts.

The pump has been running for 6+ weeks now (new pebble sheen finish on the pool) and has worked marvelously. Time will tell.

Yes, I installed it myself. Piece of cake. Pentair's warranty leaves much to be desired, however, but it seems like a quality piece of equipment so....

I got an IntelliFlo in June for $849 from Amazon, and hadn't found a better price then, so $859 is right there in that range. Self-installed and am happy with it. Our utility district $100 rebate had some restrictions listed -- technically the new pump was supposed to be lower HP than the old one, which a 3HP pump obviously wouldn't be. I just made a note that it is a VS pump and I set the max RPM to the equivalent power consumption as the old 3/4hp pump (and that normal running is much lower), and got the check.

Thank you all for the input this is very helpful.
So pentair limit the warranty to 3 months for DIY.

I noticed the site where the pump is available is selling two 2" PVC union for $25.
They describe those as: "Pump Unions for IntelliFlo":
Pump Unions for IntelliFlo - Threaded 2" w/O-Rings (2 Union Sets)

Do you guys know if there is anything special about those unions or can you buy equivalent fittings combination in home depot/lowes?

Thanks,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I also recommend anyone with a VS pump consider a surge protector. The onboard control unit is basically a computer connected to a high draw electrical device and is quite sensitive to surges. I just added a whole house surge protector. It cost about $100 and took about 30 min to install. It's designed to protect from surges that originate outside your home system. I'm also planning on adding additional protection to the individual pump circuit to further protect from surges within the home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.