California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC4 (RC-52)
well if you guys want a good laugh, this is how I managed to mess up my first by myself pool opening.

took cover off on Friday afternoon, that was a real pain. Of course all was going well until the very end of the pool and some how I managed to dump all the remaining Crud that was on the cover into the shallow end of the pool....the water was clear before I did that :(

checked with TFP kit numbers were pretty good...ph was high at 8.2. I still had those odd tan stains (as stated in previous post)....there was no organic matter in the pool (so the stains are still a wonder) well, atleast not until a jacked up the cover removal. stains did disappear after shock and algaecide added/

I went ahead and shocked and another error is I added a whole gallon of algaecide (probably only need about 1/2 gallon). spent the next 24hrs trying to get out the leaves and crud that fell in...which is hard to do because now the water is cloudy :(

so today I started manually vacuuming just to make sure there are no more leaves. I was thinking to myself, you better be careful you might clog the filter,pump or something else (yes i was a fool and vacuumed directly to the skimmer w/out basket) :oops:

sure enough, I was all done and I did it...I clogged the skimmer line :hammer:

spent the next 2hrs trying to unclog. the clog was right near the pump just past the valve....tried to force it with hose water, plunged it from skimmer, coat hanger....everything I could think of. There is a collar on the line but, I couldn't get the darn thing to loosen up to even get it off. So, I finally busted out the wet vac and stuck the garden hose in the skimmer line, wet vac from pump side and some snaking with a coat hanger...pop the clog was free (man, that was a lesson learned) :oops:

are you guys laughing with me or at me? :-D

so, with all that my water is still cloudy....I'm running the filter 24/7 its probably cloudy because of the extra algaecide and high ph right??? how long do you think it will take to clear??

I dumped in a gallon of muratic acid so, that should bring down the ph...will check first thing tomorrow.
I'm still keeping it at shock level...any other advice.

thanks,
Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.