well if you guys want a good laugh, this is how I managed to mess up my first by myself pool opening.
took cover off on Friday afternoon, that was a real pain. Of course all was going well until the very end of the pool and some how I managed to dump all the remaining **** that was on the cover into the shallow end of the pool....the water was clear before I did that
checked with TFP kit numbers were pretty good...ph was high at 8.2. I still had those odd tan stains (as stated in previous post)....there was no organic matter in the pool (so the stains are still a wonder) well, atleast not until a jacked up the cover removal. stains did disappear after shock and algaecide added/
I went ahead and shocked and another error is I added a whole gallon of algaecide (probably only need about 1/2 gallon). spent the next 24hrs trying to get out the leaves and crud that fell in...which is hard to do because now the water is cloudy
so today I started manually vacuuming just to make sure there are no more leaves. I was thinking to myself, you better be careful you might clog the filter,pump or something else (yes i was a fool and vacuumed directly to the skimmer w/out basket)
sure enough, I was all done and I did it...I clogged the skimmer line
spent the next 2hrs trying to unclog. the clog was right near the pump just past the valve....tried to force it with hose water, plunged it from skimmer, coat hanger....everything I could think of. There is a collar on the line but, I couldn't get the darn thing to loosen up to even get it off. So, I finally busted out the wet vac and stuck the garden hose in the skimmer line, wet vac from pump side and some snaking with a coat hanger...pop the clog was free (man, that was a lesson learned)
are you guys laughing with me or at me?
so, with all that my water is still cloudy....I'm running the filter 24/7 its probably cloudy because of the extra algaecide and high ph right??? how long do you think it will take to clear??
I dumped in a gallon of muratic acid so, that should bring down the ph...will check first thing tomorrow.
I'm still keeping it at shock level...any other advice.