Hydrostatic Valve, Help! Pics enclosed

Jul 26, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
My new pool will be gunited next week, and I have an issue with the hydrostatic valve. The engineering detail (encl) call for a valve, similar to a Hayward SP-1056 that installs inside a main drain housing. The plumber has installed what looks like a home-made hydrostatic valve using a check valve and collector tube, totally separated from the pool drain plumbing - see encl pic.
While I'm sure this will work, the big problem I have is that I will have NO access to the valve after guniting (unlike the hayward valve that can be accessed through the drain). I think the reason he did so was because the excavation for the hydrostatic valve collector done in the middle, between the 2 drain positions.
Since I have solid rock under the pool, excavating a 18x18x24 hole under a drain at this point will be very hard to do.
Any suggestions? If I used a hayward valve in one of the drains, could I use 2 ells connected to a collector in the middle? Or should I just install a separate drain cover in the middle between the two main drains?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• DSC07532.jpg
    DSC07532.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC07535.jpg
    DSC07535.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 64
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.