Poolvergnuegen parts

Rental Pool

Aug 7, 2015
Saugus, CA
Parts for The Pool Cleaner seem to only be sold as kits, adding significant unnecessary cost. Does anyone sell specific parts? For example, I'd like a steering shaft, yet they only sell it as a steering assembly kit (part # 896584000-136). The same holds true for the front right gear drive assembly (luckily, that shaft can be reversed when one side is worn). I'd appreciate being put in touch with a source for parts rather than just kits.

The only parts sold are those with part numbers in the manual. So if it is not called out as a separate part number, I don't think you will find it.

It's still a waste as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure that someone could make a lot of money by making aftermarket parts for this pool cleaner. Most people wouldn't choose to replace an axle when they could just replace the bearings.

its probably because the parts wear at the same rate, when you put a new part and an old part together they can kill each other.. then you will need to buy both parts again... better to replace with all new parts especially when it comes to plastic parts..

its probably because the parts wear at the same rate, when you put a new part and an old part together they can kill each other.. then you will need to buy both parts again... better to replace with all new parts especially when it comes to plastic parts..

:goodpost:

Exactly right. From an engineering perspective, machines are typically built from a modular or unit perspective. Once one part in a "unit" degrades, it is typically more efficient and desire able to replace everything in that unit. It is also more cost effective for the manufacturer to stock, ship and sell units rather than individual parts.

A better example would be a pump rebuild kit. Often all you need to replace in a pump is a shaft seal or a wet-end gasket. However, you typically buy the full kit of seals, o-rings and nuts & bolts because it makes more sense just to rebuild it with all new components rather than replacing just one and then having another separate part within the same unit fail.

To the OP, you can buy the kit, replace the part you need to and then you'll have the spares you need to fix other parts as they wear and fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.