New Pool - how to maintain non-circulating water?

Aug 19, 2015
SW Ohio
Our 12,000 gallon inground pool was installed this week and we were advised not to swim in it until they concrete is poured so that it is securely locked into place. They filled it with water just below the skimmer, so there is nothing circulating. I presume this is because the concrete will make a complete mess and they are trying to keep system clean. They will clean the pool for us after concrete is poured. Unfortunately, the concrete guys are two weeks behind due to all the rain we've had this summer. :(

So we have a pool filled with water just sitting our back for the next two weeks. They put in one package of shock but I know this is not going to last until concrete is installed and I don't want algae and things growing in there before we even get our first swim in!

What should I do to maintain the water and how can I go about circulating it around the pool? They put up the pretty orange construction fence so I can't really add stuff directly to the pool and then try to swish it around.....

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

Welcome to TFP!!!

Really you need to add ~1/3 bottle of bleach every day and thoroughly brush the pool to mix it in.

OR ... a 1/3 pound of Dichlor to start adding CYA to the pool. Just make sure the pool company does not add a lot of stabilizer when then start up the pool.

You should not add anything without mixing it around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.