Pentair Ecostar 3400VSP Error

Jan 17, 2014
Apple Valley, Ca
Yesterday I noticed my pump wasn't running during the scheduled times so I went to see if my wife had shut it off for some reason (trying to save power). The display on the pump shows "Drive Error! AC voltage too low". :mad: What does this actually mean, and what can I do about it? Based on my limited electrical understanding, it should be getting voltage, or not, the amount of power going to the pump can't change. And if it did it should just be off if it's not getting enough power.

Is this what you have?
https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/EcoStar.pdf

Drive Error!
AC voltage too low
Indicates that the line voltage has dropped below 185 VAC and pump stops. Verify
that line voltage is within 10% of pump rated voltage.

Check all breakers. Did she turn it off with a switch or on the motor itself? If switch check that it is back on. Is motor making any noise at all?
Stop/Resume: This button is used to stop the pump to allow strainer basket cleaning, etc. When this button is
pressed, the pump will remain stopped until the button is pressed a second time to resume normal operation.
When the pump is stopped, the red LED beside the button will illuminate to indicate that the pump has been
stopped.

Good luck hope this helps!

So you checked the breaker and both legs are fine? Sometime one leg of the 240 V will throw so half the voltage is reaching your pump and it stops running. Sometimes it doesn't LOOK like a breaker was thrown but they can be. Shut both legs off and then flip 'em both back on.

Okay, so the breaker is physically okay but how about electronically? Time to get a meter and measure the voltage at the main feed into the sub-panel...then the pump breaker...at the pump switch (if external)...at the pump (and switch if on the pump). Let's figure out if and where the voltage is lower than it should be.

Reboot the thing first. Breaker off and back on, then turn the pump off and back on. Is there a reset button? push it.
If non of that works, take the fan cover off the back and spin the fan, then try again.

I agree. There was another thread I read and they turned all power to pump off over night and the next morning powered up and all worked. Stranger things have happened!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.