Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum, so I figured it would make sense to post some pics of my new pool. I have some questions I will be asking, but I will put those in the appropriate places!

Thanks!

Chris

Attachments

• From the Left Day with Umbrellas.jpg
    From the Left Day with Umbrellas.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 605
  • Arial Night.jpg
    Arial Night.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 609
Welcome to TFP Chris,

Your pool looks amazing. Please take the time to put all the details of your pool and equipment in your signature line. You can look at mine and others for examples. That allows us to give you help and advice without asking you the same questions over and over. If you read the intro page you know that our methods and approach to pool care is based on hard science and differ dramatically from your local pool store's advice. Reading the Pool School page (button at upper right of this page) will provide you with a good basic understanding of our methods.

We hope you will join the thousands of pool owners here who have a Trouble Free Pool.

How's this?!? Thanks Chief!

- - - Updated - - -

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Of course the first question you are going to encounter is whether you are using one of the Recommended Test Kits ;)

Hey jblizzle, I am currently using Leslie's Basic Poolcare DPD Test Kit. Guessing it's not super good?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I really messed up the quoting, and I can't figure out how to delete posts! Sorry for muddying up this thread!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey jblizzle, I am currently using Leslie's Basic Poolcare DPD Test Kit. Guessing it's not super good?

Last edited:
If you do intend to follow the TFP method, you will need a good test kit. There are only two that we recommend and the TF-100 is the best of the two. Both kits use the same reagents, but the TF-100 has more of the ones that you will be using the most, making it the better bargain. I would also recommend you order a SpeedStir, don't even ask why, just order it. You can thank me later. Here's where you can get the kit if you are ready to get started.

TFTestkits.net

While waiting for your new toy, it's time to start studying Pool School. The button at the upper right of this page will take you there. Lots of information. It takes a while to get through all of it and may take some reading, re reading, and study for it to all fit together. Also have a look at PoolMath it is a valuable tool. It allows you to put in your test results and tells you just what you need to add to your pool to correct any imbalance.

Hi and welcome to TFP, where the water is always clear and the people are super nice! Love your pool! My curiosity is piqued by a few words in your signature, "with 8 starfish and skull."

Haha you can kind of see the skull and one starfish in one of my pics. That pic was done before it was finished though. A good number of the starfish are underwater, but I will try to get a good pic of those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do intend to follow the TFP method, you will need a good test kit. There are only two that we recommend and the TF-100 is the best of the two. Both kits use the same reagents, but the TF-100 has more of the ones that you will be using the most, making it the better bargain. I would also recommend you order a SpeedStir, don't even ask why, just order it. You can thank me later. Here's where you can get the kit if you are ready to get started.

TFTestkits.net

While waiting for your new toy, it's time to start studying Pool School. The button at the upper right of this page will take you there. Lots of information. It takes a while to get through all of it and may take some reading, re reading, and study for it to all fit together. Also have a look at PoolMath it is a valuable tool. It allows you to put in your test results and tells you just what you need to add to your pool to correct any imbalance.

Wow! That stuff ain't cheap! I'll look into it. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
33dffc418a3a876eb8b4fd299b13a6b6.jpg
19a8a7d33fca6cb9f7c41cb84a3803f1.jpg
b415edbfb45fa4277beab133b528c2e5.jpg

Thanks!! Here are some other pics I took. I'm the most excited about my beer fridge hidden in the rock!

Wow! That stuff ain't cheap! I'll look into it. Thanks!

Considering the investment in a pool, a good test kit expensive? Not really. It will pay for it self many times over. One trip to a pool stor (don't go there) and you will be sent home with hundreds of dollars in unnecessary chemicals. Then you can go again and the will sell you more to fix the problems the first batch caused.

Having maintained my own water now for a while, I could never imagine anyone else doing it for me. Just like if you owned a classic car, you would never want another mechanic touching it unless you absolutely had to. Plus, with the proper test kit, it's quite easy.

Yes, most here maintain their own pool. Since you have a SWG it's pretty easy. Just takes some regular testing, adjusting the settings as needed, and a occasional addition of acid to control pH. That's usually about it for a salt pool.

I wouldn't trust my pool chemistry to anyone else. It is too important. Letting the pH get out of whack can result in thick scale all over the surface of a pool, or even worse. It can actually etch and cause permanent, irreparable damage to the pool.

What we teach here is how to maintain a pool simply and easily using common chemicals. No magic potions from the pool store, that will cost a lot, but are really just something you could buy in a grocery store or hardware store for very little. No trusting the advice you get from a high school kid who works at a pool store for a summer job. Just good solid test methods and managing the water chemistry based on solid science. There are thousands of satisfied pool owners here and experts to answer every question. They will assist and guide you through pool ownership.

The only goal is to make sure you have a Trouble Free Pool.

Thanks! It's my favorite part for sure. From the house, it just looks like a cool rock formation with moss growing all over it. Then, you get up to the deck and you see the fridge.

My other favorite part is the real peat moss on all the rocks. When the rock guy begged me to do it, I was nervous. But, he was right, it makes it look much more authentic!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.