Oil based stain spilled in pool

May 26, 2015
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
here is the deal, a very small amount of Minwax wood oil based stain was spilled in the pool, my guess is a teaspoon or less. Of course it looked like an oil spill on the water, it dissipated fairly quickly. Any chemist's out there see any issue, health wise or water quality wise? This was a week ago, and pool has been down a few days for repairs. I am just wondering if this will mess up the water quality or the filter media, paper filters.

Thanks

Assuming your FC levels stayed at least at "normal" for a few days, that teaspoonful is either gone or stuck to some plumbing somewhere and it will be gone soon.....it's too small to worry about. Probably a half-cup would give you some trouble.

Search the forum for "oil spill" and I think you'll find "Pig" something that will do the trick for more something larger. Glad it was so small.

thanks, me too, and I am guessing, it may have been 1/2 teaspoon. Good to know, I figured boats pour oil out when in the water and we swim in the lakes full of oil skimming on top the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.