Pool Deep End Overdug...Suggestions?

Apr 9, 2014
Greenbrier TN
I dug my 20x40 Inground pool. On the side and back slope in the deep end I over dug it by about 10". I don't think I need to fill back with dirt. I was thinking concrete then add the 2" of sand and cement on top of that. Is that what I need to do or is the anything better or easier to do?
Thanks-

Well, I don't *think* you even measure for a liner until the vermiculite is done and ready for it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong and its ordered on spec?

Ehh, it's about 70-30 with 70% getting ordered to spec drawings, from my own personal experience. Unless there are multiple / complicated features such as curved benches or ledges, the liner is manufactured to spec drawings and then shipped with pool kit. Just a manufacturer's point of view.

Bradley, do you know if your liner is on order yet? If so, I think your concrete, then base material is a good choice. If not, then you have more leeway to decide whether you want to live with the extra 10" or build up to original plan.

We build Ft Wayne and never order the liner until we know what the dimensions are going to be of the vermiculite. So you can either add like 1" clean to bring your over dig up to where you are suppose to be or order liner to what you currently have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.