My Costco Bestway Pool in San Diego.

Jul 16, 2015
Santucky, CA
I bought it in June. Installed it in July. I found this forum and have been lurking ever since. [emoji41]

Using the calculator I guesstimated it to be 4750 gallons. 9x18x4.

Here's my current setup. Leveled on 18 cubic feet of sand.

3cd8ebef5ac830f46291f6b1e8c8e3b3.jpg

a48fed771c0cb8d8107c88dbc2dd7f83.jpg

Reactions: afbatts
The solar heaters that came with the kit. *edit* And I just noticed that my spa made it into the pic. :cool:

91269452aff3833b2d2f4135107fb6ac.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

My idea for the winter is to put a black frame under the panels....somehow. Maybe pvc and a black tarp? If that doesn't keep it warm enough, then I'll be looking into a heater unit...or maybe adding a solar cover, rather than the blue tarp that came with it.

Last edited:
My pool is getting a revamp for 2016 Summer. I'm renting a mini skid steer on Saturday, a Bobcat MT55.

I plan to dig down a few inches and level it using a laser level, then add masonry sand for a pool base, covered by a tarp.

I am also upgrading to a 2800 gph pump Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2800 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Sand Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden and adding an Intex auto pool cleaner Amazon.com : Intex Auto Pool Cleaner : Swimming Pool Suction Cleaners : Patio, Lawn Garden

I'm considering salt but for now going to continue with the BBC method. My plan is to setup the pool permanently for year round operation...possibly add a small deck and pavers.

So, here I sit...and have learned that I need Photobucket.

SLAM in process

My setup to put it up again....

My Hayward skimmer install:

- - - Updated - - -

If I used the Clorox Sand from Lowes: Shop Clorox PoolSpa 25-lb Sand Pool Filter Aid at Lowes.com

It says that 25lb replaces 50lb. I used a box and a half....but the filter calls for 77lbs.

Should I just add more sand? Would that be a problem? I would theoretically think that it would just filter better with 75+ lbs of sand vs. ~37lbs....

I bought it in June. Installed it in July. I found this forum and have been lurking ever since. [emoji41]

Using the calculator I guesstimated it to be 4750 gallons. 9x18x4.

Here's my current setup. Leveled on 18 cubic feet of sand.

3cd8ebef5ac830f46291f6b1e8c8e3b3.jpg

a48fed771c0cb8d8107c88dbc2dd7f83.jpg

I like what you did on the pvc. Can you tell me what I need to covert my hose to PVC. I have same pool (Costco 2015). Love the pool. Only problem is replacing the hose each year. Any suggestion?

Thank you
Brian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.